Planed duration of the project: 20 months
Implementing partners: ICMPD, Danish Refugee Council, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Finland, Hungary, Lithuania
Overall objective of the project is to support implementation of the EC visa facilitation and readmission agreements.
Specific objectives of the project:
- to enhance capacities of government institutions to implement returns and readmission to and from Georgia;
- to enhance the capacity of the government institutions to issue supporting documents required for visa applicants by EU in line with international standards.
Main activities of the project will be implemented in 3 modules:
Module 1 - Implementing returns and readmissions to and from Georgia:
- Assessment of capacities to efficiently implement procedures in line with international protection and human rights standards.
- Transfer of knowledge through trainings, workshops and study visits on procedures in these fields.
- Elaborating policy revisions in an interagency working group.
- Elaboration of Manual/Guidelines on implementing return. (output)
Module 2 - Issuing of supporting documentation required for visa applicants to the EU, in line with international standards
- Assessment of issuing procedures and quality of supporting documentation required for visa applicants.
- Transfer of knowledge on procedures for issuing such documents.
- Appointment of focal points to act as "train-the-trainers" and to respond to queries.
- Piloting training events and issuing of a training manual. (output)
Module 3 - Provision of accompanying equipment for certification of supporting documentation for visa applications
- Provision of equipment such as UV-lamps, minimum amount of computer workstations. (output)
Georgian authorities to be involved in the project:
- Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Justice (Civil Registry Agency)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection
- Ministry of Education and Science
- Ministry for Regional Development and Infrastructure
- Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs