Project duration: July, 2013 - December, 2014
Financed: Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), UN Women of United Nations (UN)
Implementing Partners: NGO “Anti Violence Network in Georgia”
Project budget: 112,750 $
The overall goal: of the project is to develop capacity of the employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia, in order to properly and effectively response cases of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assaults.
The main goalCreation of police task force in the piloting regions, responsible on supporting/consulting law enforcers dealing with the cases of sexual violence and/or domestic violence
- Signing of Memorandum of Understanding;
- Adoption of ministerial decree on creation of the task force;
- Informing the MIA high and middle managers about the functions of the task force.
- Elaboration of trainings table;
- Creation of the task force ;
- Trainings in SAmegrelo;
- Trainings in Kakheti;
- Trainings in Tbilisi;
- Permanent trainings/feedback;
- Selection of piloting regions
- Monitoring and analyzing of results;
- Awarding the police officers;
- Final report.