Planed duration of the project: 26 months
Implementing partners: ICMPD, the Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Council of Europe, Danish Refugee Council, Finland, Hague University, Portugal, Slovakia
Overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacities of government institutions to manage migration as a basis for the development and implementation of Mobility Partnerships in Georgia.
Specific objectives of the project:
- to increase knowledge base on migration among stakeholders in government and academia in a sustainable manner;
- to foster cooperation between academia and government to meet the analytical needs of authorities conceptualising and implementing policies on migration.
Main activities of the project:
- Setting-up of project task force between government institutions and academia on academic curricula development.
- Defining government-academia co-operation structures.
- Gaps and needs assessment.
- Internship to ICMPD.
- Transfer of knowledge through trainings, coaching, mentoring and study visits.
- Elaboration of professional and academic migration curricula for Georgia.
- Elaboration of a manual on the “train-the-trainer” methodology for application in the Georgian context.
- Procurement of technical equipment.
- Summer school and student internship.
- Elaboration of a draft MoU on co-operation between academia and government institutions on migration curricula development.
Georgian authorities to be involved in the project:
- Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees
- Office of the Minister for Diaspora Issues
- Ministry of Justice (Civil Registry Agency)
- Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Tbilisi State University
- Telavi State University